Sign up to receive Alan's newsletter by email.

Speaking engagements

  • Invite Alan Korwin to speak at your event! Thought-provoking, entertaining, freedom-oriented topics -- your guests will thank you for the excitement -- long after the applause ends!


« Gun Law Update - SPECIAL - Don't miss National Training Week, July 4 - 11, 2009 | Main | Schools Can Work »

Environmental Hoax Proof

The lamestream media told you:

The environment is on the verge of collapse, the human race could be wiped out, species will go extinct, we must prepare ourselves for drastic changes to our lifestyles and global government controls and taxes, like the wonderful cap-and-trade plan that just squeaked through the House, to avert imminent disaster. There's no time to waste, the situation is completely desperate. Please expect the same message tomorrow.

The Uninvited Ombudsman notes however that:

The Obama cap-and-trade plan is a clever tax on EVERYTHING, which will force all Americans to live up to government standards instead of to a free choice of their own. It has gained support of the thoroughly corrupted media under the guise of saving the world. Unmentioned in the plan is that America represents only 3% of the world's population. The other 97% is not under the plan. Hmmmm.

The experts in this field have been slightly less than forthright in the matter:

"We've got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy." - Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

Two Sources:,


"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony, climate change provides the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world." - Christine Stewart, former Canadian Minister of the Environment

Two Sources:,


"The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe." - emeritus professor Daniel Botkin

Two Sources:,


"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest." - Stephen Schneider, Stanford Professor of Climatology, lead author of many IPCC reports

Two Sources:,


"It doesn't matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true." - Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace

Two Sources:,


"Childbearing should be a punishable crime against society, unless the parents hold a government license. All potential parents should be required to use contraceptive chemicals, the government issuing antidotes to citizens chosen for childbearing." - David Brower, first Executive Director of the Sierra Club

Two Sources:,


"Global Sustainability requires the deliberate quest of poverty, reduced resource consumption and set levels of mortality control." -Professor Maurice King

Two Sources:,


"Giving society cheap, abundant energy would be the equivalent of giving an idiot child a machine gun." - Prof Paul Ehrlich, Stanford University

Two Sources:,


, , , ,



I'd encourage all readers of this post to actually read the story behind Stephen Schneider's quote ( to see how its meaning was grossly distorted.

Maybe then they will see the incredible irony in that you, the author, must have read my post, but then used the quote out of context anyway.

Irony? Or pure dishonesty?


The sheer intellectual dishonesty of the author of this post is simply astounding. I cannot possibly understand the motives behind this.

Alan Korwin

Perhaps you can elucidate on your contentless message, MTGAP... what's dishonest about the quotes I reprinted? Doesn't the motive of open debate show clearly? Why would a reprint of incriminating quotes from supposed supporters of science even get you upset at all? They said those things, the quotes undercut their entire argument, they make the speakers out to be hypocritical frauds, don't they? Go ahead, let me hear some reasoning. Alan.

Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear on this weblog until the author has approved them.

If you have a TypeKey or TypePad account, please Sign In.

Read what people are saying about Page Nine, or tell Alan yourself.

See the archives below, or click through to an index of Page Nine posts at

About the Author

  • Freelance writer Alan Korwin is a founder and past president of the Arizona Book Publishing Association. With his wife Cheryl he operates Bloomfield Press, the largest producer and distributor of gun-law books in the country. Here writing as "The Uninvited Ombudsman," Alan covers the day's stories as they ought to read. Read more.

Recent Comments

Read the last 100 comments on one handy page here!